Having suffered from colds, flu’s, infections and all types of misery I have come up with a small list of helps for the down and out days of winter. Some of them are pretty well known while others are personal tricks I use to get over the illness blues in as short a time as possible. So here are my Sick Tips!
1. Sudifed & Mucinex – those 2 over the counter product will help get rid of all the gunk that get inside you as it clogs and chokes you out.
2. Smoothies - After so long plain old orange juice just doesn’t cut it, the acid just makes you stomach turn. So find a smoothie recipe that includes some OJ and other fruity frozen products and your tummy and throat will thank you. And it will taste great while you down all the vitamin C goodness. This is a new trick I learned and it has worked wonders, thanks to Esther & Chris for there smoothie recipe it saved me!
3. Vitamins – on top of the lovely prescriptions you may be taking don’t slack on the vitamins, you gotta get the immune system back up and going, take care of it with those.
4. Sleep – Duh, your body does it’s best recovery with this, don’t skimp it.
5. Change your pillow cases every night – this was recommended to me my a lady who worked in the respiratory clinic at the hospital. You’re breathing into that thing for 8 hours, change it out so you don’t breath in the bad stuff every night while you recover. Mom’s do this for those babies/kids too.
6. Mentholatum & Neosporin on the nose at night – your poor nose takes a beating with all the blowing. Rub it down with one of these every night and let it work on healing that red sore skin while you sleep and you won’t have it for very long if at all. The Mentholatum will help with congestion too.
7. Wash, Wash, Wash those hands – Nuff said.
So those are my SICK TIP’s for this winter season, give em a try if you are feeling under the weather and see how they work for you. Please share if you have any SICK TIP’s that work for you and yours, we all want to get better quickly and stay healthy!
And let’s all hope the ground hog doesn’t see his shadow today, we all want some spring and quick!